Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Importance of Catch-up at the Dining Table

The Importance of Catching-up with everyone at the dining table, mealtime is a excellent opportunity to catch up with everyone as nowadays we travel out so often...and for me only sometimes I'm in Singapore. I get to talk to my younger siblings and parents to know what's happening in their lives (Do remember to switch off the Television TV set or everyone will have their eyes glued to the screen). Keep your mobile phones and other distractions aside and just give full attention to everyone on the dining table...after all the quality time spent on the conversation is better than quanity.



Some Others due to heavy workload aren't so fortunate, some people leave their office at about 9pm or even later, by the time they get home their children are already in bed. I tell myself I'm lucky to be living in Singapore where the daily commute is far more efficient even if we have to travel from one end of the island to the other at most a few hours.

Keeping the tradition, I hope that everyone would at least try to have 1 dinner gathering of the entire family at least once a week to keep each other updated on what's going on in each other's busy life. Who knows maybe one day even a Business Idea could even pop up in the midst of the quality engaging conversation at dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment