Thursday, August 4, 2011

An Irreplaceable Fullmetal Heart

You know I find inspiration in the weirdest places... well I guess we all find inspiration from art of some kind. Today mine comes from Fullmetal Alchemist, the anime/manga. The best part about this quote is I do not need to explain the story for it to have meaning.

Hiromu Arakawa Wrote:
A lesson without pain is meaningless
That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something
But by enduring that pain and overcoming it...
...He shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart.
A Fullmetal Heart


A lesson without pain is meaningless.
You cannot gain something without sacrificing something in return.
But once you have overcome it and made it your own...
You will gain an irreplaceable fullmetal heart.

But, once you've withstood the pain and overcome it.

This really struck a chord within me. Not just because I read the whole series either. Because after reading That Quote I realize that for one to change I need to give something up. Often times to gain something worth while we have to give up something precious. That is one of the main tones of the manga. You do not get something for nothing. People who do are generally shallow, weak and corrupt. Do you want to be one of these people? I hope not. If only you're willing to let go then you'll become stronger.

Once I get a working printer I am printing out that page and putting it up in my room. Facebook will be getting that quote as well as here.

If this quote strikes you as hard as it struck me share your thoughts. I hope this can give some of you hope, and lead you down a better path.











Selim Bradley (One of my fav characters - Villain)












No comments:

Post a Comment